5 reasons why you may need physiotherapy
The concept of Physiotherapy is unfamiliar to most due to their lack of exposure to it. Those who do understand it more than likely have experienced it first-hand. Physiotherapy may be warranted in a variety of situations such as different sports injuries, chronic diseases, trauma related injuries, etc. The list goes on and on. In a nutshell, physical therapy helps people maximize their functional capacity via different rehabilitative practices (restoring everyday life).
What does a physiotherapy do?
In addition to understanding the purpose of physiotherapy, the next step is to understand why it works. In general, if one doesn’t have faith in something, he or she will never be able to receive the maximum benefit from it.1 In order for Physiotherapy to be effective, the patient must without a doubt believe it will be helpful. A negative mindset will yield negative results. Positivity is very important.
5 Main Benefits of Physiotherapy Treatment:
- It helps improve your motivation and health– As cliché as it may sound, a little bit of encouragement goes a long way. Physical therapists motivate their patients to overcome their current conditions, and to persevere despite the many obstacles they may face.2 Oftentimes patients believe they are capable of performing their own physical therapy, but usually fail to do so. Physical therapists are professionally trained motivators, and expert encouragers. Having a skilled motivator at your side will encourage you to continue on, though you may feel like throwing in the towel, especially when results occur slowly.
- Getting professional medical advice- Nothing beats receiving advice from someone who’s knowledgeable. Physical therapists are clinically trained and specialize in physical restoration and rehabilitation. The current educational requirement for a physical therapist is either a Masters or Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Physiotherapists spend years researching evidence-based treatment, interning for long periods of time, and studying their craft diligently. They are more than adequately equipped to provide patients with the care they require to improve their lives. No other profession is capable of rehabilitating the body the way a physical therapist can (occupational and speech therapists are also included in this category).
- Professional Supervision and support– If you want to ensure you’re performing a particular exercise properly with minimal risk for harm, you’ll want the supervision of a physical therapist nearby. After experiencing a major injury or status post-surgery, you’ll want to ensure you’re treating your body fairly. Nothing’s worse than performing aggressive activity too soon. You’ll harming or re-injuring yourself, and it’s not worth it. Be fair to your body and allow a physical therapist to ensure your safety. You won’t regret it.
- Research Based- Physiotherapists are trained to treat patients based upon factual evidence and clinical reasoning. Evidence/research-based practice minimises the potential for error, and maximizes results for patients. Besides, it’s considered unethical for a physical therapist to administer treatment without supporting evidence. It’s actually considered a form of malpractice. Therefore, most physical therapists aim to treat their patients based upon truth, and effective treatment approaches. Who wouldn’t want to treat in the best way? check out our team of physiotherapists in Manchester here
- Experienced Professionals- Physical therapists are experienced in a variety of different treatment settings. They’ve also worked with a diverse patient population with various injuries, diagnoses, and ailments. From ankle and knee injuries, to strokes and leg amputations, they’ve witnessed it all. With such diverse experience, physical therapists are able to provide their patients with the best care possible. They know what works, and what doesn’t work. Patients don’t generally know the most effective way to treat their situation, therefore an experienced physical therapist is a must have!
So, after reading the benefits of physiotherapy you might be wondering if you really need some support or not to improve your physical health.
At Mysports injury our main mission is to hail you and make you live a healthier life, that why all our team of physiotherapists in our Manchester clinic are more than welcome to diagnose you first and then give you the best treatment that suits your needs. Get in touch with us here.