SPORTS MASSAGE MANCHESTER
Sports Massage / Soft Tissue Massage Therapy
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
Sports Massage is an integral treatment for the prevention and maintenance of soft tissue injuries or sports injuries . This treatment technique can be used effectively in conjunction with physiotherapy and prevents sports injuries. The application of sports massage, prior to and after exercise, can enhance performance and aid recovery.
You may request to book a full 1-hours slot or 30-mins treatment blocks or book online (book now button)
Our expert professional massage therapists use effective techniques to help:
- Aid your recovery from sports injury or work related injury
- Helping you transition you to a more healthy and pro-active lifestyle
- Preparing you for a physical event or sporting goal which you have set yourself
Sports Massage can be used to manipulate the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of normalising tissue function and consists of manual techniques carried by our massage therapists at MY Sports Injury clinic | Manchester.
Types of Sports Massage Techniques we Provide:
Sports Massage is a form of massage therapy involving the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit a person engaged in regular physical activity.
The Main Benefits of Sports Massage:
- Improved muscle relaxation and reducing tone in the muscles
- Improves overall joint range of motion
- Encourages the healing process of tissue by stimulating blood circulation to the affected spotmitochondrial development, which is the power station for muscle
Deep tissue massage therapy applies deeper pressure which beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
- Used to treat chronic back pains
- Helps to lower high blood pressure
- Reduces stress, anxiety and muscle tension
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Improves Athletic recovery and performance
Swedish massage is the most common massage technique, which utilises a firm pressure on the muscles. It involves a series of long yet gliding strokes. The swedish massage techniques provide relief and relaxation for the patient.
Swedish massage creates a an environment whereby heat creation, increased blood flow and improved flexibility are promoted. This plays a role in stimulating physical receptors in your body improving relaxation for the individual.
- Swedish massage, prior to and after exercise, may enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
- Swedish massage can speed up recovery healing times and alleviate any soreness
- Improves blood circulation and help reduce swelling in joints and muscles.
- Helps you relax to reduce high stress levels, increase muscle tone or reduce chronic pain.
Lymphatic drainage massage:
Is a form of hands on treatment providing repetitive strokes to soothe and support the lymphatic system in encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart.
- Helps to protect you from infection and disease. Commonly referred to as a ‘Detox massage’, this type of massage will support your body’s internal filtration mechanisms and help keep your immune system in check.
Our Mysportsinjury team in Manchester use proven techniques to help you get back to your best. Having worked with Top elite athletes throughout the UK and professional sports teams including British UK Athletics, Manchester City Football Academy & Manchester United . By taking the time to know and understand your needs as an individual or athlete, we can create a plan that is unique to you providing you maximum long term health benefits.
Take the Step to become Pain Free
All Treatments provided are focused to improve your physical health. Our team of specialists from MY Sports Injury in Manchester will tailor a custom plan for you based on your individual goals. Take the step to become pain free by arranging an Appointment with one of our experienced Massage therapists, Book an appointment online here Or please email email@example.com